Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Mid-initial

In Germany, hardly anybody uses their mid-initials, many people don't even have one. So, it was just to distance myself from the crowd that I started using the C. about ten years ago (guess what it stands for).

However, in the global village, the mid-initial can be useful to tell people apart. No, I am not talking about W., but for example, there is Robert B. Helling, a professor of microbiology at UMich. In Cambridge University, there are two Michael Greens and email addresses typically use all initials. I am rch47.

And today I got an email from amazon.com stating
We've noticed that customers who have purchased "The Elegant Universe:
Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory" by
Brian Greene also purchased books by Sean B. Carroll. For this reason, you
might like to know that Sean B. Carroll's "Endless Forms Most Beautiful:
The New Science of Evo Devo and the Making of the Animal Kingdom" is now
available .


So, Sean Caroll, owner of the Preposterous Universe is not only blogging anti-Intelligent Design but after his GR book has written a book on evolution? Well, this is SBC.

PS: No, I don't use the Elegant Universe for my string course or my research. I bought it for a friend how kept bugging me what this theory is about that I am working on.

No comments: